The Young Fables
March 22 @ 6:30 pm - 11:00 pm- $15
The ticket link is https://runsignup.com/TicketEvent/NewHopeBenefitConcert.
Jan 22-31, 2024 – Early bird rate $15
Feb 1st, 2024 $20 General Admission
Benefit Show for –
New Hope Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC) is a child-focused, safe place in Blount County, TN, for physically or sexually abused children and their families where they receive all services needed after abuse occurs. At the CAC, professionals who are a part of the investigation convene to provide a coordinated response to allegations of child abuse. Services such as advocacy, forensic interviews, medical exams, and therapy are provided in one place so the child only recounts the details of his or her abuse one time and in a way that is not re-traumatizing. Fourteen staff members, DCS, law enforcement, and our District Attorney General are all co-located at New Hope, making case work as efficient as possible. The organization is a not-for-profit agency, providing all services at no cost to the family.
- Mission: to restore hope to abused or traumatized children and their families
- What we do: New Hope provides all services needed to children who experience abuse in Blount County
- The statistic: 1 in 10 children will be abused physically or sexually before the age of 18
- The need: We served 725 children in 2022 alone
- Services offered: forensic interview, medical exam, advocacy, therapy, community education
- Before the CAC, children would have to recount the details of their abuse to 15 different groups of people, but the goal of the CAC is that they only have to tell their story one time
- Cost to serve one child: $1,400; We are a not-for profit agency, fully relying on grants and community support to sustain our services, as they are provided at no cost to the child or familyBIO
The Young Fables (TYF) create music with classic storytelling weaved into Americana roots music with pop sensibilities. East Tennessee (Maryville) natives, Laurel Wright and Wes Lunsford are influenced by timeless treasures like Patsy Cline, Bonnie Raitt, Glen Campbell and Chet Atkins. The duo’s unique sound has resonated with audiences around the globe as live performances have become stages from which The Young Fables discuss themes and topics typically saved for the therapy couch. Strong advocates for mental health awareness, The Young Fables are focused on helping to erase the stigmas surrounding the topic. Recognizing the duo’s advocacy, the pair were honored with The Troy Gentry Compassion Award in 2021 for compassion, commitment, kindness and love.
This show is an indoor show taking place in The Smokin’ Monkey Lounge at The Shed. Doors open at 6:30pm. No outside food and drinks are permitted. All ticket purchases are final. Refunds and exchanges are not available.